I am hopeful that this will be my last New Year's Eve in this house. It's been a good place to live, but it's not mine and there's no garden to speak of. I've spent the last year looking at properties and I put a down payment on a very nice house with a large garden in a nearby village as my last business of 2010. All the contracts will be completed and signed in early January and I should be able to start renovations no later than February 1, 2011! That also means that this should be my mother's last New Year's Eve in South Carolina, since she will move here when the renovations are finished. That will be great for both of us. 2011 will be a year of many changes, but I anticipate that they will all be good.
And I should finish up my travel postings, too. During the rest of my time in Singapore (in no special order) we
- went to the Night Safari, which was amazing. It's a zoo specifically for nocturnal animals that is open only at night. I have never been so close to wild animals without some kind of visible safety barrier.
- hung out at the pool and had lovely G&Ts
- went to an amazing Korean barbeque (Chang)
- visited with Logan's and Hye-Jung's friends who were really fascinated by Bulgaria
- ate Teppanyaki
- went shopping for jade on 10/10/10, a most auspicious day
- bought bento boxes at Takashimaya (my new favorite store)
- ate chilli crab, chicken rice, and kaya toast (not all at once!)
- went to Chinatown
There was much more than this, including many more sights, restaurants, and shopping, but these were the highlights. I definitely want to go back to Asia and expecially to Singapore, which was so much more amazing than I could have imagined it would be.
Goodbye from East Coast Seafood and Happy New Year to one and all!
No comments:
Post a Comment