I didn't spend all my time this fall in Singapore and I have actually gotten some things on my A&S 50 list done. My recent interest has been in brewing cordials and mead. Currently I have a batch of chestnut honey mead and pear, plum, and sweet cherry cordials underway. The first trials of sour cherry cordial are long gone (half a dozen bottles). We tried it out at Winchester, Raglan Ffaire, and the Yule Ball and it got progrssively better. I can hardly wait for summer and the next crop of vishni. I will be making quite a few bottles! I plan to start a new batch this week with frozen blackberries for the past summer and some new Rakiya (home made) that I just received as a Yule gift.
There are more bottles brewing than this. I just wanted to show a small sample.


I also learned how to make quince paste with the bumper crop this year. It's really nice on a slice of baguette with a piece of strong cheese!
No comments:
Post a Comment