Nope, not my skills, just the fabric I've been working on. The color, that is! Guy's new tunic is done and looks pretty good, if I do say so. Seems like I've got the neck closing he likes down pat now. It's from Timothy Dawson's booklet about eleventh century men's clothing in the Eastern Roman Empire. You can also see it on his website
here. For some reason, the colors are washed out in both of these photos. The rust color is much stronger than this and much closer to the tunic I saw in the Byzantine Museum in Thessaloniki. Too much flash, I guess. Now it just needs some tablet weaving for the cuffs and collar in navy and white to be more like the Museum exhibit. I also think it needs a leather belt, so I put mine in the picture.
New tunic:


Really Old Tunic:

I also finished the embroidery on a set of commercial napkins. They were a freebie with a recent linen purchase. I like leaves....can you tell?
No comments:
Post a Comment