For the herbs (and dye plants!) I've got indigo, false saffron, lady's mantle, sweet woodruff, sweet marjoram, German chamomile, lamb's ear, St. John's wort, rosemary, borage, thyme, wormwood, rue, chives, spearmint, sweet basil, catnip, parsley, sage, bee balm, fennel, celery, and rhubarb. Again, there are more, like dill, which will be directly seeded later.
Not that there's much to see, but here are the first planted seed trays. You can certainly tell which ones have been watered already!
Not that you can tell from that picture, but the trays are actually in the conservatory, so they will get lots of proper sunlight. I need to take some daylight photos of the conservatory, so I can show off the lemons and kumquats on the trees and also the lovely blooms on the camellia and azalea!
Most of the new flowers I'll be planting this year will also be directly seeded, but a trip to the garden center is in order, to get more seed trays for the ones that do need to be started indoors.
No comments:
Post a Comment