Down-stashing is a little like down-sizing. I have already achieved SABLE* in both fabric and embroidery materials, so I'm trying to make some room in my work areas by using up what I have on hand ( at least a little!) Back at Christmas, I was able to cut out a pair of apron dresses for Constanza from wool I had on the shelf. They turned out very well and she really enjoys wearing them, so that was a big plus! But I was left with a big piece of the blue wool and a small one of the green. The blue is already queued up for another project over the Easter Holidays, but I needed an idea for the green remnant. Well, I spent this weekend finishing up my idea and it will go in the mail to my adopted granddaughter tomorrow.
Have a look at the apron dress for Gwen Makeblise!
I had all of the materials on hand except some of the beads and those came from the local craft store, It's designed with tucks in the sides, a deep hem, and shoulder straps that can be lengthened, so it should last her several years. It's wool with linen embroidery. The tablet weaving is from Catherine Weaver.
ETA:
And it fits!
*stash acquired beyond life expectancy
No comments:
Post a Comment