Alas, Viscount Finnian and Lady Constanza were not victorious. Viscount Finnian lost to Sir Nasr in the final bout, but it was well fought.
On the bright side, Constanza was entered into the Order of the Panache during court. Here's a description of the order: "The Panache is awarded to those who have distinguished themselves by long and consistent excellence in the Arts (and Sciences) and who have also constantly made their expertise available to the various members of the Kingdom." She was recognized for her work in wool and spinning and the fact that if you sit still near here for a few minutes, you WILL have a spindle in your hand and you WILL learn to spin!
The real surprise for me was being entered into the Orden des Lindquistringes just after Constanza was called up for the Panache. It is a real honor and I hope I can live up to it. Here's its description: This award was established to honor a former member of the Principality/Protectorate, Fahrquar Finley Fahrquarson (John Lindquist). It is now presented to those people who have distinguished themselves by long and extraordinary service to the Kingdom. The badge of the Order is (Fieldless) a ring formed of a wingless dragon in annulo widdershins Or, maintaining in chief with all four legs and mouth a gem gules.
The next event I get to will be Midsummer Coronation, also to be held at Bolton Castle. I hope it will be warmer and dryer, because I would really like a good look at the gardens.
No comments:
Post a Comment