With the Easter holiday, construction was at a standstill, so I had several days to sew, which makes me very happy. I've finished Constanza's hood, so she'll have it for Midsummer Coronation. And I have even taken pictures. It's hard to believe! The color is more accurate on the first two shots. This is wool lined in linen, 100% handsewn. The couched work is all wool. The thicker wool is part of what I dyed in a class at Raglan Faire last summer, using weld, while the thinner lambswool used to couch it down is from Renaissance Dyeing. The cast metal buttons were purchased at Winchester last summer. This is all from things I had at home - nothing purchased especially for the project. The wool was left from my cloak and the linen is a remnant from a dress. When I make my next dagged hood, I will either leave the dags unlined and full the wool really well or go with a geometric shape like these. I cannot imagine lining leaf shapes!


1 comment:
If you want to line more complicated shapes, couldn't you just use fusible interfacing to attach outer and lining, cut them out as one piece of fabric and then run buttonhole stitch all the way around?
Post a Comment