In the background are the quiet sounds of a harp, played by the bard watching the swordsmen (and women). Just magic!
Day Three (Saturday)
I've edited a bit since my last post, having realized that Friday and Saturday had blurred together in my memories. Oops!
I spent some good times at the dyeing class, working with weld.
I also took a class on Naalbinding, made a mask for the ball, gave my workshop on the Kingdom wallhanging project, and sat in on an embroidery class just for fun (and to promote the wallhanging project!).
Saturday night was the auction to support the Isulae Draconis travel fund, which could not have been better. Master Robert and Master Etienne were the tag-team Masters of Ceremonies/Auctioneers and they couldn't have been better. Everything was on sale from children's clothing to feast gear, to Duarte's services for an hour. Bidding was especially brisk on a silver circlet, a handthrown pot, and blanket that both honeymooning couples really wanted. Nearly £1000 were raised and everyone had a wonderful time. After the auction, there was a comedia del arte play, directed by Susannah of York and then the torchlight ball.
I confess I passed off my purple and green mask to Lady Edith, who hadn't had time to make one, and made a (relatively) early night of it. It was a good decision, since I was quite tired.
Day Four - Sunday
Let me take you on a tour of the castle, for those who couldn't be with us.
Sunday was Master Robert's 4oth birthday and he hosted a Canterbury Tourney, which meant fighting until he had taken forty blows. Ouch!
The birthday party for him was a little less martial. It involved a lovely dinner at their camp, followed by dessert on the bridge. Here's the birthday cake, featuring Master Robert's fleece.
More to come.....
No comments:
Post a Comment