After the demo ended, the spectators cleared out and we set up for court. There were both Principality and Kingdom Courts scheduled, so we snagged seats at the back of the Great Hall to watch. Her Highness Princess Aeringunnr of Insulae Draconis first called forth the members of the Order of Ffraid. Lady Constanza, who looked quite stunned, was then called forth. Her lord, Guy de Dinan escorted her forward and she was inducted into the Order to much cheering.

The Princess then entered Lord Guy into the Rolls of the Order!

Before the final "vivat" for Guy had died down, Her Highness' herald, (and our friend) Lord Asbiorn, was also made a member. The rafters rang for the three new members!
That was the full business of the Principality Court and so the Kingdom Court opened. Master Robert de Canterbury, the royal herald, bagan to read a scroll in Latin while we continued to congratulate Constanza and Guy at the back of the Hall. Much to my shock, he was calling my name. It's a good thing there were others (especially Constanza) to send me forward because I was surprised, to say the least. I receieved my Award of Arms from King ThorvaldR II and Queen Fiona II with great pleasure (on top of the surprise)! Truthfully, I have no idea who was in the room at that point, because it was all a blur as I made my way back to my seat.

(The previous three photos are courtesy of Lord Raphe Cuthbert. None of us were thinking of cameras at that point!)
Court proceded and Lord Theodric was entered into the Popular Company of Sojourners as he will be leaving our shores. Lord Thomas Flamanc then was entered into the Order of the Dragon's Bowle, which is quite a rare award. I believe there was another award, but I am not sure. The final business of the Court was the Laurelling of Mistress Melisendra Fitzwalter. It was a beautiful ceremony and quite moving.
Court closed and we moved on to the Feast. The dishes were well chosen and Katelin's (sp) cooking was excellent. Constanza and I were two of the servers and I now know that if I ever need to organize an invasion or a war, Mistress Judith de Northumbria is the one I want as my General. She kept the servers on time, in step, and in good humor. Everything was delivered hot from the kitchen and courses were cleared smoothly and without any signs of haste. Even the little girls waiting at Head Table were asking eagerly for more to do, rather than less! With all of that, the servers were able to sit and eat with their friends for each course. I don't think anyone could ask for more than that!
After the last course (warm marzipan on shortbreads - yum!), we all settled in to talk and enjoy the evening. My first brewings of raspberry and cherry cordials seemed to be well received by our friends. (I have more started for Raglan Ffaire - beware!) After all the excitement of the day, I turned in early and slept like a log.
Next morning the skies were clear and we were able to strike the tent and pack it up safe and dry. We travelled back to London and spent the evening relaxing. On Tuesday it was back to Bulgaria for me. Sixty days until Raglan....
No comments:
Post a Comment