
After a really good family holiday in the the UK and the States, I'm back in Bulgaria and ready for a year of stitching and crafting. The holiday began with a whistlestop at the daughter's and SIL's in London. Here's their great tree!

Here's the tree in SC. We had a really relaxing holiday, watching movies, playing charades and eating more than was probably good for us. I'm pretty sure we're all "turkeyed out" until this time next year! The weather was unseasonable warm, and seeing iris in bloom in December was flat out weird.
I spent one particularly fun afternoon with my mother over the holidays. She assisted me in feeding my fabric addiction at Hancock's and the result was one entire LARGE suitcase of wool, linen, and silk fabrics destined for SCA garb. Now I just have to get over my jetlag and get started sewing. At least it's all unpacked.... To give a sense of scale, the chunk of white linen under the rolls of trim in the upper right corner is 12 yards of fabric. What can I say - it was a great deal - $99 for 20 yards! And to be fair, the other 8 yards are going to the daughter. I wish the colors were a little truer in the photos, but maybe it's just my monitor.

I've got several goals for the year.
* One is to finish at least half of my in-progress embroideries. That doesn't sound like much, but it is, around six large projects. (Yes, there are a dozen WIPs)
* The next is to have at least one really well-made set of court garb. That is relatively easy, since I've got the fabric and notions here now (see suitcase comment and photo above).
* The third is to complete at least 10 items on my A&S 50 list. That will keep me on track for the challenge.
All in all, I need to average two projects per month and given that I finished 27 projects in 2008, I think it's all possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment