Despite a massive bout of housecleaning (Snezhana is on vacation) and having a long visit from a friend I haven't seen in a year, I got more garb done over the weekend. The white chemise with red embroidery is just for fun. It's probably not very accurate historically, but I like it. The blue dalmatic still needs embroidered trim, but it's wearable as is and it feels nice on. I really like the heavy cotton. The embroidery for the neck and sleeves is started but as appliques on separate fabric. That way, if I don't finish them in time for Coronation, I can still wear the Dalmatic. The sleeves you see on the white chemise underneath it aren't really long enough for a gorilla! They are intended to be wrinkly at the wrists. If I were really daring, I'd have made them even longer with a slit for my hand above the part that narrows down and worn them as dangly flaps, like an Bulgarian Rusalka dancer.


No comments:
Post a Comment