On the WIP front, this sampler is rolling along:
It started out as a stitcher's alphabet, but it just cried out for some changes and now it is going to be a genealogy piece for my family. What you can't tell is that it's pretty big. The finished section is nearly 18 inches high. (That's the original package at the bottom of the photo and it's bigger than letter size paper) I think I will be able to fit at least five, possibly six, generations of names in the center. I took out some alphabets on both sides and added the names of countries my ancestors came from. (England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Germany, and Holland) I am such a mongrel American! I also gave in to my O/C side and made the top border symmetrical by adding some additional trees and a bird. Heh heh heh. I'm still plugging along on the Easter piece, but as I said earlier, I hate working with the metallic blending filament, so it doesn't flow as quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment